Figi offers wide variety of cultural, culinary and hospitality facilities. Under one roof you will find a theatre, cinema, hotel, restaurant and several meeting rooms. Our team of 150 people are ready to deliver the quality you expect from us day and night for an unforgettable stay.
The basis for the current Figi was laid in 1850 with the opening of a bakery by the Moravian Ludwig Wunsche. In 1902 took George Figi this pastry shop and extended it with a shop and tea house named Figi. In 1909, the company moved to the place it currently is. In 1917 Figi came in hands of the family Ruijs . Theo Ruijs senior added a hotel and concert hall in 1925. All his brothers and sisters found a place in the family business. The first generation Ruijs laid the foundations of the modern Figi.
The pastry shop proved its place within the company as Theo and Corrie Ruijs sr. developed Figi more and more. In the bakery was Trees Ruijs was in charge, she knew everyone.
Jonkheer b. Elias writes: "the cosy cakes shop, where the Stichtse youth came together, was not only a nice place to eat but also a place where everyone comes together to socialize".
Diederik Ruijs and director Victoria Ruijs are the third generation in charge of Figi.The conference rooms and the Grand Café were renewed in 2017. The filmtheater opened the new lobby in 2018. In 2019 all 97 hotelrooms were renovated together with the Willem Pijperzaal.
The festive opening of the concert hall was in 1925 and since then, many artists and theatre companies have performed in Figi. The first stage performance was played by Het Schouwtoneel "three wise fools" by Austin Strong. A tradition of that time is signing Figi's signature book by the actors and musicians. Through all the years basically every Dutch theatregroup performed in Figi and a lot of famous artists have signed the signature book.
After years of successive alterations and extensions of the building complex concluded the second generation Ruijs a new Figi was needed. The old Figi was demolished in 1992. At the end of 1994 there was new hotel-theater: A complex of buildings with a characteristic interior styling based on the renowned Paris-based designer duo havoc, consistently implemented in detail by designduo Corrie Ruijs and Jan Ruijs.